Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Sarah sez




One in a series that takes a look at some of the zany, wacky and madcap things said by the former governor of Alaska.




Here's Palin on what it might take to get the economy back on solid footing:


“I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won’t hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover,” ... “I really hope that someone can agree with me on that.”

“You have to have more ability from Congress, I think, to work together and to get over the partisan bickering and focus on fixing things,”


Suspending democracy for a couple of years? Dude.


But that wasn't Sarah Palin at all rather Beverly Perdue the Democratic governor of North Carolina speaking at a rotary club event in Cary, N.C. (given the setting, perhaps she could be forgiven for thinking no one was really listening to her).

It may come as a surprise to Perdue that in a representative republic, the single best way you demonstrate to your elected representive that you "don't hold it against them" is by voting them back into office rather than their opponent every 2, 4 or 6 years, whichever applies.

It may also come as a surprise to Perdue that the "partisan bickering" she is whining about is, in fact, newly elected opposition party representatives who rightly believe they were sent to DC with a mandate to a) stop and b) hopefully undo the disastrous economic policies of the last 2-1/2 years.


But, then, for some many people, democracy is, like, hard.

4 comments:

K T Cat said...

I figured you were going for the mislabeling of the state of Colorado by the White House.

William McCullough said...

I had an arugment with someone over Purdeu's statement yesterday. He offered that her statement was a 'test' to what the reaction would be to the statement. I argued back that I believed that it was a foot and mouth misstep though there are many who believe that Obama may suspend the 2012 elections under the guise of some emergency, real or imagined. I don't believe that because most Americans wouldn't stand for it....I hope.

Dean said...

KT, I finally got hip to that particular gaffe yesterday afternoon.

William, thanks for stopping by. All the excuses I'm hearing are pretty amusing. Given the context, she proves herself to be a well-intended, though anti-democratic dunderhead who should be shown the exit at the next available electoral opportunity.


We will be having elections next year. I would bet my house on it.

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com