Saturday, May 26, 2012

Of spiking the ball





.

Hubris: exaggerated pride or self-confidence



After the capture of Sadaam Hussein, George W. Bush:

The success of yesterday's mission is a tribute to our men and women now serving in Iraq . The operation was based on the superb work of intelligence who found the Dictator’s footprints in a vast country. The operation was carried out with skill and precision by a brave fighting force. Our servicemen and women and our coalition allies have faced many dangers in the hunt for members of the fallen regime, and in their effort to bring hope and freedom to the Iraqi people. Their work continues, and so do the risks. Today, on behalf of the nation, I thank the members of our Armed Forces and I congratulate them.





Barack Obama, on Sunday, May 1, 2011:


And so shortly after taking office, I directed Leon Panetta, the director of the CIA, to make the killing or capture of bin Laden the top priority of our war against al Qaeda, even as I continued our broader efforts to disrupt, dismantle, and defeat his network. Then, last August, after years of painstaking work by my intelligence community, I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden. It was far from certain, and it took many months to run this thread to ground. I met repeatedly with my national security team as we developed more information about the possibility that we had located bin Laden hiding within a compound deep inside of Pakistan . And finally, last week, I determined that I had enough intelligence to take action, and authorized an operation to get Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice. Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad , Pakistan.



And this from B-Daddy of The Liberator Today:

I am almost sick to my gut today, over the blatantly political attempts that spilled previously classified information about the killing of bin Laden, including the identity of the Seal Team Six Commander. Our President has no shame, blatantly using classified information to lure Hollywood pals to make a film in which he will be portrayed as heroic, no doubt. And Democrats complained that Bush politicized the war.



It has become apparent that the man suffers from security issues in more ways than one.




4 comments:

K T Cat said...

This is why I'm skeptical of Hillary replacing Biden. She's the same type of person and I can't imagine his fragile ego can handle the competition.

Anonymous said...

From the first time that I listened to Ob I have said that he is delusional and I have yet to see anything to change that opinion. Dad

Doo Doo Econ said...

If you have any doubts about the President's impact on the Bin Laden raid... we uncovered the real story of the operation and posted it here.

SarahB said...

An honorable analysis for this Memorial Day weekend.