Friday, January 6, 2012

Radio KBwD is on the air: the covers edition




.

High time we got back on track with our first Friday of the month covers edition.


.

.


First up, it's Lou Reed performing "Sweet Jane" (and because we love you guys so much, we chose the version off of Rock and Roll Animal, the one with the kick-ass duo guitar intro virtuoso by Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter.


"Anyone who ever had a heart wouldn't turn around and break it"








And now, the worthy challenger: from Toronto, Canada (and our mid-90s cow trip phase), it's the Cowboy Junkies performing their version of "Sweet Jane".




.

4 comments:

SarahB said...

In general I loath 90's music (in no small measure due to how much I hated college)...but the Cowboy Junkies cover of this tune is a rare exception. I've got an accoustic version they did for a short lived LA indie radio station that is even more haunting.

B-Daddy said...

Toughest call yet. I heard the Cowboy Junkies version first, so I am partial, but Lou Reed is unique.

Mostly Nothing said...

The guitar duo is fantastic. Lou brings the song down, I'm afraid.

I love the CJ version, the whole Trinity Sessions album is just great.

That said, I'll be buying Lou's Album real soon now.

Dean said...

MN, word around the campfire was that Lou was extremely jealous of that guitar intro to the point that he would not even appear on stage until it was time for him to start singing the first verse as the audience applause would suggest.