Saturday, November 22, 2008

So... what are all you up to?



Getting our Floyd of Rosedale on and smoking some ribs for Mongo's 40th birthday extravaganza.

Tailgate-worthy "Charger ribs":

For 3 to 4 lbs. of beef back ribs (double quantities below for the ~8 lbs. as shown)

1 teaspoon of salt and black pepper as rub

Smoke for 1 - 1-1/2 hrs. over mesquite coals sprinkled with soaked hickory chips. Don't forget the drip pan underneath the ribs.

Sauce:

1 large onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup catsup
1/2 cup honey
1 - 4 oz. can of diced green chile peppers, drained
1 tablespoon chile powder
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard

Let sauce simmer on low heat for about ten minutes before applying to ribs during the final grilling. Continue grilling until glazed.

5 comments:

Ohioan@Heart said...

Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard...

Foxfier said...

Num.....

Anonymous said...

Raves all around about the beans and the ribs from the party-goers!


"Who's putting their coals out on my floor?!"

"It was a stone grove, my man! You are the most righteous...

Ya whatever man. Get the #^#^ out of my house!"

- Mongo Wiping BBQ Sauce Off the Corners of His Mouth and Reveling In 6 Hour Overdue Solace!

outdoorgriller said...

Those look good, I have a way of cooking the ribs and they always come out tender.If you want more recipes or if you want to take a look at the colllection of tips I have for grilling you can visit www.cookingandgrillinoutdoors.com

Dean said...

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. As Mongo attested, I believe the assembled gave them two thumbs up.

Outdoorgriller,
Thanks for comment and I will stop by the site.