Thursday, August 4, 2011

MAXED OUT: What women want




Alternate sub-headline: the ladies' edition.




Holy crap, is it warm out there or what?!?! Welcome back my beer-drinkin’ beauties. Today, I’m going to change things up a little and
give a brief review of an article I read a few days ago and let you
decide for yourselves whether or not to check it out. Intrigued? You
should be!




Ok, so I’ve tried to enlighten a few of our faithful female followers
on what a good “gateway” beer may be, on how to drink them, and with
what foods to pair them. What I have overlooked the entire time
is what women should know about beer. DUH! Sos the other day I
stumbled across this article entitled “The Top 5 Things Women Need to
Know About Beer,”
written by some bloke named Daniel Drennon for
LaWeekly.com’s blog spot. In the article/blog, Drennon centers his
crosshairs on Ting Su, co-owner of Eagle Rock Brewery up in LA. Ting
is an advocate for women in beer, and is very, umm, passionate about
it. She founded the Women’s Beer Forum, and is currently trying to
spread her message throughout Southern California. So, without
further ado… oh wait, one more thing. Su is, um, not PG with her
language, so if you are/would be totally offended by an ‘f’ bomb or
two, maybe just skip this and hit me up next week when I talk about
the 20 greatest beer cities.

I’d love to get some feedback on this one, so if you have any
comments, hit me up.

Until next time my beer loving brethren, have a beer for me.




(ed. note: For ladies here in the San Diego area wanting to get into good beer, the High Dive in Clairemont is a constant sponsor and site of female-friendly events and forums. Check out their Chicks for Beer page, here.)




1 comment:

SarahB said...

Top 5 article is a good one especially since any specialization like this can be intimidating. However I have to disagree with #2...the EASIEST way to impress a guy is a fitted tank top. Of course I get her point that it doesn't hurt to hold a beer while doing it.

Always wanted to try Eagle Rock Brewery on one of our LA trips.