Thursday, August 18, 2011

Some thoughts on email


A couple of personal email quirks: we don't pass along or forward emails in the hopes of good luck or worse, avoiding bad luck. And we don't normally pay attention to or even bother responding to emails regarding one's religion, heritage or politics. Huh?

C'mon... you know the type we're talking about. Here's an excerpt of one you may have seen:

From Dreams From My Father: "I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites." From Dreams From My Father : "I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race." From Dreams From My Father: "There was something about her that made me wary, a little too sure of herself, maybe and white." From Dreams From My Father: "It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names." From Dreams From My Father: "I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself: the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela." And FINALLY ........... and most scary: From Audacity of Hope:"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in
an ugly direction."
[Is THAT sufficiently CLEAR?]



We were asked for our thoughts on the matter. As we said, we normally don't "share" but in this instance, for whatever reason, we felt compelled to give our two cents on this subject:


Yeah, (we've) got some thoughts: This is completely retarded. There is absolutely no context to any of these pull-quotes. When did he say all this? Are they his current thoughts/feelings or are they of his "angry young black man stage?" Hmmm... don't know? Terrific.

This is pretty much "birther"-type stuff and that horse left the barn the day he was elected. Perhaps, we would've liked the legacy media to dig a little deeper into these alleged transgressions a tad earlier but guess what? They didn't. Freaking deal with it.

Is Obama a closet Muslim? Don't know and frankly don't really care. Here's what we do know: we have a 9.2% unemployment rate. We are sliding back into a recession because this ass-clown, Muslim or not, is an economic illiterate. He's a gangster that will take over private companies at the drop of a hat and force American citizens to purchase health insurance whether they need it or not and whether they like it or not. He is currently employing U.S. military assets in completely unauthorized warfare against a foreign power that poses no military threat to this country. Yes, he's Bush on HGH. There is also the distinct possibility that his political appointees have actively engaged in a gun-running program that have killed one U.S. Border Patrol agent and a documented thousands of Mexican officials and citizens. (We) could go on about broken promises to his left like not shutting down Gitmo but (we) don't really care about the left, his religion or what he said about his mama back in the day because what matters is that he is a current-day walking-talking disaster that is perhaps the most unqualified and incompetent yet most power-hungry President in our lifetime. That is what you should be forwarding to your friends.

Which, of course, brings us to Governor Perry and his comments about Ben Bernanke: shut the hell up.

Wrapping up these two seemingly unrelated concepts, there is an adage in politics that says when a man is content to hang himself.. stay the hell out of the way!


Thanks for letting us share.

3 comments:

K T Cat said...

We'll see whether or not Rick Perry has to eat his words. My money is on QE III in which case we'll have an election that focuses on the failure of borrowing, printing and spending to create jobs vs. low regulations and faith in the individual creating jobs in Texas.

Every day I'm finding more to like about Perry.

Road Dawg said...

I see this quote over and over, and the only reason I acknowledged is it came from a mutual friend, and I wanted your take on it. Of course we know he is incompetent, and there is so much else of where his policies are failed, full of shenanigans, cronyism, and poor judgment. But if he wrote it, he either answer’s for it, or he gets called on it. The problem is the last quote was taken out of context, and so the remainder of the quotes gets to slide under the rug of birther type issues.

Thanks for your thoughts on it, it usually comes from the Ass Baboon of Venus or some like minded idiot that is a disappointed Hillary fan.

Dean said...

So much more relevant stuff over which to be outraged, bro.

Thanks for allowing me to vent. ;)