Thursday, December 1, 2011

MAXED OUT: Giving thanks




.

Just in time for Thanksgiving Christmas, Max gives thanks for... what else?




Welcome back to the hood, kiddos! I'm so sorry that I've been away so long. Today I'm telling you the top five reasons that I'm thankful
for beer and boy oh boy am I thankful for the hops. Ok... here we go!


#5: The taste! How do I love thee oh hop Goddess o mine? Every day
I think about beer. I think of the hops, the malts, the everything
that consists of a tasty brew. Can I has you?

#4: The love! Why is the love so far down on the list? I don't know the answer to this question. What I do know is that I have loved few
people in my life, and the 2 that I have loved with feminine genes I
have met through jobs that I got through the hop vine. And I thank
beer for that.

#3: The smarts! Every time someone asks me what I know about
anything I direct them to my knowledge of beer. It feels so good!
Why do I love beer? Because I feel smart when I talk about it, that's
why.

#2: The money! I have made a living off of beer for the past decade
and believe that I will continue for the next ten years. My first
bartending gig was pouring beer, turned into a distribution job, then
back to pouring beer, and now here I am. Thanx, beer.

#1: The friends! If it weren't for beer I wouldn't know Dean. I
wouldn't be writing this blog. I wouldn't be able to hang out with
the friends that I do on the reg. I wouldn't be going to Europe next
Oktoberfest. If it weren't for beer I wouldn't have half of the
people in my life that I do. Thanks, beer.


This blog post was a lot more in depth but my friend/roommate Mr. Steele
decided to take my computer with him, and all of my words with him.
So this is a half-assed attempt to get you all on my good side again.
What are you thankful for this holiday weekend?

Until next time my beer loving brethren, have a beer for me.






(ed. note: As for us?)






Some things just needed to be stated as such.

2 comments:

SarahB said...

Max, it was wonderful to meet you the other day! Thank you for the brew and excellent conversation. Hope to see you again soon!

Harrison said...

Closing Time by Leonard Cohen comes to mind!