Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Video smack of the day

.

Ryanair CEO Michael O’Leary addresses runs some epic smack at an EU confab.


(It's long: 17 minutes so we extracted the best smack from the beginning of the video below the clip)





.

“This is the first time I think that I or Ryanair have ever been invited to a conference by the European Union. Because as most of you know, the European Union spends most of its time suing me, torturing me, criticizing me or condemning me for lowering the cost of air travel…and making life so really difficult for their favorite airlines, which as we all know like high-fare airlines…who must be protected at all costs because they’re the ‘future of Europe,’"


"If you look at the mess Europe is in, if you look at the mess that the European economy is in, there’s only one way out of it.

And it’s not going to be a summit of European politicians. It’s certainly not going to be a conference held in Brussels, where the last innovative idea came in 1922, I think.

Innovation is going to be the way for the European economy to grow, to develop, to create new jobs and that‘s why I think it’s so important we have four young people."


Smack.



There he is, folks. An evil 1%-er who provides a service people want at a price they can afford while employing thousands of people without the help of and apparently in spite of excessive bureaucratic harassment.

This is a concept completely foreign to the economic illiterates who dominate this country's political class.

1 comment:

K T Cat said...

That was full of teh awesome.