Saturday, June 4, 2011

Radio KBwD is on the air




First Friday Saturday of the month, so it's gotta be, right? A covers competition, so let's get to it.

We were a little pressed for time yesterday and admittedly a little short on fresh ideas so we brought in our buddy Max for some suggestions and we think he hit one out of the ball park with this one.

Outside the Beatles, we don't think anyone has been covered more than Bob Dylan and even that may be up for debate. From his classic Blood On the Tracks let's first take a listen to "Buckets of Rain".





And now, let's check out Neko Case's cover.





I like your smile and your fingertips

I like the way that you move your hips

I like the cool way you look at me

Everything about you is bringing me misery


We've all been there.

1 comment:

SarahB said...

"Taking you with me, Baby, when I go"???...

Uh, does this song degrade into a stalker tune toward the end?

Love the Neko Case version, hands down. Slightly haunted. Makes me wish the Cowboy Cultural Society were still up and running. May Laura Ellen rest in peace.