Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Quantum of Smack Pt. II

Daniel Hannan, a British MP, kind of goes off on Brit PM, Gordon Brown at the European Parliament.



And here's what he had to say about the speech with respect to Big Media:

The internet has changed politics - changed it utterly and forever. Twenty-four hours ago, I made a three-minute speech in the European Parliament, aimed at Gordon Brown. I tipped off the BBC and some of the newspaper correspondents but, unsurprisingly, they ignored me: I am, after all, simply a backbench MEP. When I woke up this morning, my phone was clogged with texts, my email inbox with messages. Overnight, the YouTube clip of my remarks had attracted over 36,000 hits. By today, it was the most watched video in Britain.

How did it happen, in the absence of any media coverage? The answer is that political reporters no longer get to decide what’s news.

Big Media has no one but themselves to blame for driving themselves towards extinction. We'll have more on this later.

Exit question: Does anyone over here have the testicular fortitude to speak that way? Not with the British accent, but rather, the words.

H//T: InstaGlenn

1 comment:

Dean said...

RWM, I had not seen that clip. Thanks.