Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Got Map?


In light of SUU (Southern Utah University) officials plan to designate "Free Speech Zones" on campus, I thought I'd offer my assistance. Grab a map. OK, ready?

All right, you see that big area between Canada and Mexico, surrounded by lots of blue ink on the East and West? You see it?

There's your bloody Free Speech Zone.



Jeffrey Wilbur

Senior communication major from Bountiful


That an institution of higher learning feels the need to quarantine free speech or, alternately, provide a safe haven for free speech speaks volumes about the state of the same in our supposed market places of ideas on college campuses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was amazed to hear "free speech zone" regarding a college campus.

Foxfier said...

I am so stealing that response.....