Sunday, November 11, 2012



.

What we have been predicting ever since the passage of the Affordable Care Act of March of 2009 is coming to pass. With the President's re-election secured, the full implementation of ObamaCare in 2014 is ensured though the fiscal ramifications are being felt more than a year ahead of that time.
ba

Proving their economic illiteracy, the statist-left has been entertaining conspiracies with respect to the rash of lay-offs that have occurred since the re-election of the economic illiterate-in-chief, Barack Obama. Revenge lay-offs (for their employees allegedly voting for Obama) are what they are being called because everyone knows that business owners would much rather layoff workers instead of hiring them. In fact, isn't that what businesses exist to do? Layoff their workers? No. They don't. What these layoffs should be called, instead, are elections-have-consequences layoffs.



From CBSlocal in Las Vegas:


A Las Vegas business owner with 114 employees fired 22 workers today, apparently as a direct result of President Obama’s re-election.

“David” (he asked to remain anonymous for obvious reasons)(ed. note: for obvious reasons?*) told Host Kevin Wall on 100.5 KXNT that “elections have consequences” and that “at the end of the day, I need to survive.”

Here’s an excerpt from the interview. Click the audio tab below to hear even more from this compelling conversation:

“I’ve done my share of educating my employees. I never tell them which way to vote. I believe in the free system we have, I believe in the right to choose who they want to be president, but I did explain as a business owner that I have always put my employees first. I always made sure that when I went without a paycheck that [I] made sure they were paid. And I explained that I always put them first and unfortunately I’m at a point where I’m being forced to have to worry about me and my family now and a business that I built from just me to 114 employees.


“I explained to them a month ago that if Obama gets in office that the regulations for Obamacare are gonna hurt our business, and I’m gonna have to make provisions to make sure I have enough money to cover the payroll taxes, the additional health care I’m gonna have to do...

...well unfortunately we know what happened and I can’t wait around anymore, I have to be proactive. I had to lay off 22 people today to make sure that my business is gonna thrive and I’m gonna be around for years to come. I have to build up that nest egg now for the taxes and regulations that are coming my way. Elections do have consequences, but so do choices.

(italics, ours)


It blows the mind. Honestly, you take a seriously crappy economy and then you start piling on more and more regulations and mandated coverage via an ill-conceived piece of legislation onto small and medium-sized companies ill-suited to handle all of it and people were expecting hiring sprees?


* Oh, but of course:

Papa John’s CEO John Schnatter was hammered with Twitter abuse after informing shareholders and franchisees in August that implementing Obamacare would necessarily increase costs of running the business. Applebee’s is under the gun today after Zane Tankel, a franchisee whose company runs 40 New York-area restaurants, told Fox Business Network that a hiring freeze might be in the works.

Tweets embedded in the link suggest another wrong-footed boycott effort by the economic illiterates of the statist-left. We haven't had Applebee's buttermilk shrimp in a while. Might have to change that up a bit.

It speaks volumes that though they got their guy back in for another 4 years and got their healthcare law secured, they are still consumed with rage. And it speaks volumes that they cannot grasp simple economics or simply refuse to acknowledge the truth contained, therein.

.







1 comment:

Secular Apostate said...

Sooooo... Lemme see if I have this straight.

Progressives are going to boycott a company who plans to reduce employment in order to...

Monkeywrench profits and kill yet more jobs.

It's that kind of reasoning that leads one to pull the lever for President Lackwit.