Saturday, April 5, 2008

KBwD is on the Air.


Another iPod-while-in-the-shower inspirational moment: our favorite and most certainly underrated Beatle (hey, you all know us: one writes a song like “Tax Man” and that person is guaranteed a bust on the BwD Music Mt. Rushmore).

Ladies and Gentlemen, the late, great George Harrison performing the beautiful and soulful “Give me Love (give me peace on Earth)”

It appears to be Clapton’s backing band, though we can’t make him out. The old bald dude in glasses with the tambourine in the backround is a dead give-away, though. (If Clapton plays, he will be there).

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Road Dawg said...

Thanks for that, I was amazed I was able to purchase it on Itunes since I can't get any original Beatles.

I also downloaded a favorite, Dylan's "If not for you" by George (also my favorite Beatle)

Here is a 1992 performance at a Dylan tribute concert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9374d_HBiSc&feature=related

Dean said...

'Dawg, Thanks. Watched (and listened) to the clip. Great stuff. Check out G.E. Smith of the SNL band on slide guitar and Steve Cropper of Booker T. and the MGs in the backing ensemble. God bless, George. A treasure.

K T Cat said...

Great music. I always liked George's work.