Saturday, September 20, 2008

History Repeating

B-Daddy here. Counting on the man at left to slow down LSU's drive to a BCS bowl berth is apparently an exercise in futility. See Dean's comments from last year. Tonight, there was a certain sense of Déjà Vu all over again. Like last year, Auburn's offense woke up to take the lead late in the fourth quarter only to provide LSU with excellent field position on the ensuing kick off. But I just had the feeling this thing was lost even when Auburn had the lead in the second quarter and was driving. Even though Auburn was marching down the field, it seemed that the LSU line was beating up on the Auburn offense, but not quite getting it done. Eventually, they forced Auburn out of field goal range. The Auburn punter shanked one out of bounds for a net 7 yards. LSU promptly drove down and scored, and I knew in my heart it was all over, even though the scoreboard said Auburn 14, LSU 10. I will say this for Les Miles, he seems to know how to recruit lineman. Piling up the talent on the front lines seems to be paying off for him.

Full disclosure, I have been a USC fan since my youth, so I have come to loathe LSU and root against them almost with the fervor that I root against Notre Dame.

2 comments:

Dean said...

B-Daddy, Thanks for that. I was only able to catch a little of the game but saw the hi-lite and had that deja-vu all over again feeling myself.

And thanks for getting to some football... a subject of which, for various reasons, has been woefully lacking in these parts.

Its like, on the masthead, dude

K T Cat said...

LSU has better food. Go LSU!