Tuesday, September 8, 2009

And just one more thing...

Because railing against racism be it real or perceived is so much easier than actually organizing for effective change in your community against the ills that have ravaged that same community for years and which have nothing to do with racism.

Next time you read about how Van Jones was jobbed, rail-roaded, smeared, thrown under the bus or whatever descriptive you prefer, we’d like for you to think of Darrent Williams and Willie DeWayne Clark, instead.

Read KT’s excellent post on the matter, here.

5 comments:

K T Cat said...

Wow. Thanks for the link! When I got no comments, I figured it was too over-the-top for everyone. Having said that, I was pretty proud of that one. It encapsulates what I've seen and experienced as a dad both full- and part-time and then as a coach in kids' sports. No one can take the place of a father. No matter how much money you spend on social programs or fighting racism, you can't replace a dad.

Dean said...

KT, blogging is funny like that, huh? There have been numerous times when I thought I have crafted a magnum opus only to be greeted with deafening silence.

It's good, though, every once in a while. Keeps one humble.

Road Dawg said...

Sometimes, nothing is left to be said.

Yes, brilliant post Mr. Cat!

Road Dawg said...

As for you, Uncle Dean, if I go two days without reading, I have my work cut out for me. EVEN when, I blow off the junior varsity football blogs!

Constant Reader,
Dawg

K T Cat said...

I think Road Dawg hit upon the truth. When we spend a lot of time thinking about something to the point where we produce some epic (in our own minds at least) post, the casual reader (i.e., everyone but us) reads it and can't think of anything else to add (except perhaps a few parenthetical remarks) because they haven't been thinking about the topic to depth we have.

(Except, perhaps, to consider using fewer parentheses.)