Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Shopping Shouldn't be This Easy

We never learn. Despite the family going the secret Santa route the past few years, its seems there are still quite a few gifts to be bought for Christmas and we tend to let it go to the last minute as Christmas will be celebrated with the family… tomorrow. Yikes.

What to get? Where to go? These are question that vex us seemingly each and every year when we are deciding where it is we will go shopping. And despite coming to the same conclusion every year, the idea dawns upon us as a revelation or some sort of “road-to-Damasacus” awakening each year as well.

Ladies and Gentleman, may we present the BwD Christmas shopping “easy button”:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


6 comments:

tigerlily said...

I hate to date myself but what the heck. I have fond memories of a Liquor Barn down on Mission Boulevard. Walking in you knew that the next few weeks of work would not look as tedious. You had your wonderful selection of obscure wines waiting for you at home. The sales were inspirational.
I have not yet experienced a trip into BevMo. I do agree that this is the answer to all those last minute shoppers. So push that easy button and go for it.

B-Daddy said...

Dean,
I'm looking forward to a strong porter, not too hoppy, maybe even a little sweet.

Dean said...

Tigerlilly, I also remember Liquor Barn there on Mission Blvd. during my beach dwelling days. My roommates and I placed flowers at the entrance doors when it shut down in the mid-90s. I can't recall, however, worrying much about obscure wines as my 20-something age would've dictated. Well, some things never change as I pounced on a lonely 12-pack of Olympia sitting their amongst the microbrews looking very out-of-place. I didn't even know they still made Olympia.

B-Daddy, you up for some Oly tomorrow?

B-Daddy said...

Dean,
The wisdom you have taught me is that there are only two kinds of beer: Cold beer and free beer; and the best of all worlds is cold, free beer.

B-Daddy said...

Dean,
That was my long winded way of saying, looking forward to some Oly.

Dean said...

B-Daddy, my silence was a tacit acknowlegement of the same.