Saturday, December 15, 2007

KBwD is on the Air.


Didn’t get around to it yesterday because we really enjoyed the Wall Street Journal Opinion article by Peggy Noonan and commenting upon it pre-empted what we hope to make our usual Friday music feature.

Our home-cat KT at the Scratching Post turned us on to Pandora Radio a few weeks back. We haven’t toyed with it extensively but the few test spins we have taken have been pretty cool. Enter an artist or a song and Pandora will create a virtual radio station streaming songs in the genre of your selection. Click here.
We’re not sure how to clear/delete the “stations” created so just consider “the Gourds”, “Calexico” and “the Beat Farmers” and “The Monkees” (via KT), our gift to you.

5 comments:

Road Dawg said...

So when are we doooooin the Casbah?

K T Cat said...

Dude! I was a big Beat Farmers fan. Do you remember Dirk Debonair and the Boat People?

Dean said...

KT, I came on the scene in the early 90s and though I can't recall those of whom you speak what I do remember is never in my life having a better time than seeing the 'Farmers at the BUT (Belly Up Tavern).

Was there ever a better live band? Was there ever before such heightened anticipation among the fans before the show wondering whether they'll see the "tight" Farmers or the "sloppy but still entertaining" Farmers depending on how blitzed Country Dick got before the show doing shots with the patrons at the bar.

I will never forget those shows. I will always have a leg up on anyone who has one of those "100 things to do before I die" lists but has never seen the Beat Farmers live.

K T Cat said...

The Beat Farmers were indeed great, but my favorite live band will probably always be the Bus Boys.

Dean said...

Cool. Thanks for the link!