Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Vote for College Football National Champion


B-Daddy here. Now that the college football season is over, I offer my nomination for the national college football champion. I am trying to get an AP vote as a contributor to the famous sports weblog, Beers with Demo, but that's an outside shot.

Wait..... this just in, Dean is telling me that the college season isn't over, Florida and Oklahoma play tonight in some mythical championship game. He's kidding, right? A college bowl game a week after the new year? I had already shifted into NFL playoff mode, especially with the Chargers still alive.

Tough, regardless of who wins tonight's game, the Utes of Utah deserve the crown. Let's review.

1. They are undefeated.

2. They are undefeated against multiple Top 25 and BCS conference opponents - Michigan, Oregon State, TCU (11) , BYU (16), Alabama (4).

No other team can make those claims. The end.

P.S. I love Pete Carroll and USC, but they didn't get it done, sorry.

1 comment:

Dean said...

They are worthy of a crack at it as much as anyone else.