Tuesday, January 27, 2009

So, about that temperament?

Well, that was the word we heard quite a bit during the campaign and one in particular that was employed whenever the country-clubbers in the G.O.P., not wanting to be shut-out of the Georgetown cocktail circuit or possible future employment, needed an excuse to vote for Obama. Personally, we would’ve been happy with a little honesty, as in, he’s young, he’s hip, he’s black and just’ve been done with it like about half of his supporters.

Anyway, in his first week in office, the man with the first-class temperament has seen fit to get into it with… a conservative talk-radio host. Can’t ever recall that happening before. It would be like George W. Bush getting into it with….. um…. hmmmm, it’ll come to us in a moment…. sounds like….. Oh, never mind.

B-Daddy, has a take regarding another somewhat childish display of un-Presidential-like behavior, here.

6 comments:

B-Daddy said...

Thanks for the link bro.

Anonymous said...

I'm a little bit lost on context.

My guess is he's coming into the White House press galley (rather than the White House Press Room) for the first time?? If that's the case, I suppose the press has the right to ask questions. But as it appears it's a rather informal meet & greet type-setting, I would think it's the President's choice to blow off formal questions. Nothing there gives off the impression he's "immature" for the task at hand.

- Mongo Sees and Ink Blot in This Ink Blot Test

Dean said...

Mongo, I'm sure B-Daddy would appreciate your comments at his site.

Anonymous said...

He has my permission to cut n paste at will.

- Mongo

Dean said...

Mongo, the reason people like myself, B-Daddy and many others are watching Obama like a hawk is quite simply because... we don't know the man. I'm not breaking any new journalistic ground when I say we all know less about this President than any other in modern history.

So as our democratically elected leader, we're looking for clues as to how the man is going to act and behave over the next four years. As such, I've seen a pattern that would suggest "dismissiveness" and B-Daddy sees what would suggest a pathological need to be liked. That scene of him on stage san family watching his own image on the big screen at Hyde Park on election night was unnerving.

Now, onto a more serious matter. I'm not sure whether or not you were being facetious but prima facie, your "cut'n'paste" comment was unwarranted. It's disrepectful to the author of the post as bloggers see comments as the life blood of their blog in either offering encouraging words or challenging the premise of the post. You are free to post comments in whatever manner you wish, but the dismissive snark of that comment demeans the honest effort that went into that post, the author of which is not some anonymous right-wing nut job on the other side of the planet.

I hope I am wrong and just over-reacting.

Here endeth the homily, my good friend.

Anonymous said...

No. Really. He does have permission to cut n paste if the occassion suits. Nothing dismissive intended.

BwD is my brand of con website Vodka. I'm not going to go out and try and pollinate every flower. You have a post on the matter. I left a comment.

- Mongo (with one more metaphor) Only Pees on Just So Many Hydrants on His Blog Walk