Thursday, January 10, 2008

Don’t Expect to See This Guy on a Rose Parade Float Anytime Soon


In a phone interview with ESPN, political consultant James Carville is defending LSU’s 2nd championship in 5 years (which by our count numbers twice as many as victories he’s had managing campaigns in that same time span). Click here.

Nothing wrong with that but in doing so Lee Corso, Pete Carroll, the University of Georgia, the Big Ten and the Rose Bowl all get sprayed in this two-minute drive-by executed by the Ragin’ Cajun. Carville ends his bullying of host Dana Jacobsen by going Revolution No. 9, repeating “I hate the Rose Bowl….. I hate the Rose Bowl”.

More BCS hate-mongering: We’re not the only ones who think the BCS stinks. T.V. ratings are down. Read here from Awful Announcing.

7 comments:

Road Dawg said...

Now Mongo has one more salient point on why College is better than the NFL.

The NFL just can't get this caliber of fan......Oh crap, I forgot about Raider Nation.

Anonymous said...

I hate the Rose Bowl, too.

I hate the Rose Bowl for caving into greed 7 years ago and destroying what was once the best 4 hours in sports.

Re The Genius: JC is doing nothing more than demonstrating one of the really great things about the college game: The argument.

The whole thing from the conception has been guys punishing themselves for 3 hours every Saturday in the fall -- and their fans arguing about it the rest of the year because nothing is ever settled. It's always ambigous. It's never had to have a true champion to season because, well, the game and the season stand on their own.

Need proof? Start with the App State - Michigan game and work your way, week in/week out, through the entire 2007 season up to the dog called the "BCS Championship Game". I rest my case.


- Mongo

Road Dawg said...

I don't find that kind of argument, "sport". It reminds me of the question, "Mike Tyson or Ali?, in their prime"

But well put. Now I get it a bit. Fair enough!

Anonymous said...

What's this "argument" you speak of?
Sincerely,
The NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament

Road Dawg said...

Your second paragraph, Mongo, Jeesh

Anonymous said...

Dawg

I'm not the "anonymous" guy who wrote of the men's basketball tourney above.

Mongo

Road Dawg said...

10-4, my bad.

I just wanted to say argument for the sake of discussion is valid, and although I can't get behind it with college ball, I can see the point.

Now, Hoops VS Football? Another no brainer-Football.

Let's see what that starts!