Monday, January 28, 2008

Dozens not maimed and killed by Thousands not Rioting and Looting Over Offensive Remarks


ESPN's Dana Jacobson got herself into a little trouble at a roast of ESPN Radio personalities Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic a couple of weeks back. Jacobsen a Michigan grad who by all accounts was completely sideways at the time, was directing her comments at Golic a Notre Dame grad when she allegedly shouted, “F### Notre Dame! F### Touchdown Jesus! F### Jesus!” You stay classy, Dana.

ESPN suspended Jacobson for a week – she just returned to her duties as co-host of First Take today. And there is absolutely no truth to the rumor that she gets absolutely bombed on a routine basis because she has to work with Skip Bayless. Link here for more from Awful Announcing.
ESPN has never addressed exactly what she said though Jacobson has apologized for the incident which means that she did indeed say something offensive.

Anyway, while looking at the angry mob outside ESPN studios protesting ESPN and Jacobson’s remarks, it reminded us of just how flippant and casual Christians treat their own religion. We had some thoughts on that here.






4 comments:

K T Cat said...

Ooooh that makes me so mad! I almost went and said a Rosary, praying that her socks didn't match tomorrow!

I didn't, of course. But I almost did.

K T Cat said...

Off topic: Dean, I use SiteMeter to count hits and have had no trouble with it. I would remove it and then install it again and see if that works. I've learned Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and can edit my templates fairly well, but when I did it, SiteMeter was just code added in right before the /body tag. After that, I'm lost as to why it wouldn't work.

Anonymous said...

I must not be watching enough ESPN.

Who is Dana Jacobson? She must be on like "RPM Tonight" or similar -- like anything NFL-related.

Were it not for BWD, I would not have known she existed.

- Mongo

Dean said...

KT, cool. Thanks. I'll reboot.

Mongo, I'm always happy to provide these PSAs to keep you less media-savvy types abreast of the latest goings on.