Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Clinton Derangement Syndrome?

B-Daddy here. I was a bit depressed yesterday to learn that I am suffering from Clinton Derangement Syndrome. Fred Siegel has a thoughtful article explaining that my desire for Obama to beat Clinton for the Democrat nomination is irrational. He correctly points out that Senator Obama has a much more liberal voting record than Senator Clinton. He points out that Obama is virtually an empty suit. He points out that Obama's pronouncements on Pakistan have been self contradictory. And here I am loathing Hillary Rodham Clinton.

But then I started remembering. I remember the firing of the White House travel staff. I remember the Clinton's (and Hillary Clinton) bringing in the FBI, when they could have just replaced the staff as "at-will" employees. I remember them trashing the good names of "little people" for their own convenience. I remember that friends and relations of the Clintons wanted the travel work for themselves. I remember that Hillary Clinton was the force behind it all.

I remember that 900 FBI files, including files on prominent Republicans, turned up in the White House. I remember allegations that this was at Hillary Clinton's request.

I remember reports that the Clintons made use of indicted private investigator and wiretapper Anthony Pellicano to clean up Bimbo eruptions.

I remember the irregularities in the way that Hillary Clinton handled the Vince Foster suicide note and how there were inconsistencies in her account of those events. (I am not suggesting that Foster did not commit suicide.)

The trend line is someone who is willing to use all the considerable power of the White House and Federal government to further her own ends, and all of this occurred while she was only First Lady. I fear for our liberties if she is elected in a way that I would not if Obama were. And I don't really feal deranged at all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't there something lately about an outed CIA agent? Fairly hot-looking?

Perhaps I'm getting it confused with cherry-picking intelligence estimates to bring long and costly war for reasons passing understanding to a now-broken nation that doesn't actually threaten us.

No, no. I'm getting that confused with cherry-picking of science data and burying of scientific studies to suit the designs of whatever big industry execs have a certain VP and POTUS in their pockets.

No, that's confused with repeatedly trying to approve drilling for oil in places of natural beauty reserved for all time for wildlife after Americans have time and again said no.

It's been a long 7 years. Very confusing.

Can anyone help me with the name of the administration that did all of the above? Perhaps it was Hillary during her reign in the omnipowerful position of First Lady.

- Mongo

B-Daddy said...

So Mongo, I guess you're looking forward to four more years of extra-legality under Clinton II, to follow the last 7 years of such nonsense under Bush II.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Lloyd is at it again, Hey you're not running against Bush!

You sound like one of my kids. When counseled or disciplined, we get to hear how the other siblings are guilty of more egregious offenses.

Typical of imature children, democrats and retards, when the guilt is accurately squared upon their shoulders, they don't even cry "foul", they just start yelling, "look at the other guy"

Way to go Mr. Lloyd, nice strategy. It's hard to have a debate with one so ill equipped.

Barbarosa