Sunday, February 10, 2008

Who are these guys?

Substitute here.

Used to be, back in the day, I'd get pretty excited for the Grammy's. Acts like Springsteen, Pink Floyd, Tom Petty, and -- of course -- that titan of the music industry Men at Work http://youtube.com/watch?v=swQi4CAzmrA , whose Song of the Year win back in, oh, 1981 gave us the prophetic and catchey acceptance speech "We are the men -- We'll see you again!", would have us glued to the sofa for the evening.

Flash-forward to present day: Who are ANY of these people (and notice who is noted as a "Left Out" on the bottom right of the link!): http://music.msn.com/music/grammys2008?GT1=10948

Really. Who are they? I'm at pretty much a total loss. Is there such a thing as the older than 29 Grammy's? Cuz I might watch that. The nominees for tonight's show are about as foreign to me as whatever the equivalent of the Grammy's is in Botswana.

I'm pretty much old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My son, 17, recently expressed his displeasure at the music of today. "Screaming, or rapping is not music, and everything else sounds the same"

Well said my young Jedi.

'Dawg...the best FO in the whole free world