Sunday, April 27, 2008

Rick Monday - You Made a Great Play.

It was 32 years ago today out at Dodger Stadium where then Chicago Cub Rick Monday reminded us that a simple yet courageous act by citizens of this country render a Flag burning amendment unnecessary.




Love the reaction by the knucklehead on the right after Monday grabbed the flag. "Curse you, Rick Monday… I will now throw my, my, my unlit match at you."

As Monday, who became a Dodger himself the following season, alludes, there is no physical feat or accomplishment he could have achieved inside the foul lines that would top this. Monday is currently on the Dodgers radio broadcast team along with Charlie Steiner and the legendary Vin Scully. And mustering all Christian charity possible, it is hoped the two miserable bastards that attempted this have been living very quiet, anonymous and completely insignificant lives.

H/T: HotAir

P.S. That’s Vinnie himself with the call.

2 comments:

Foxfier said...

Brave guy.

And yes, I mean brave-- if they'd gotten it lit and he'd burnt his hands...he'd have been done.

Road Dawg said...

I absolutely love the body language of the match thrower, thanks for pointing it out, I would've missed it otherwise.