Thursday, January 17, 2008

Cruisin' the Theocracy Pt. 1


B-Daddy reminded us recently that we’ve been thoroughly remiss at checking in with our fellow Theo-kats (courtesy Kat-in-Chief, KT), so this post (and others to follow) will attempt to correct this negligence.

If you’re into Google Earth and geology with minors in geography and topography then Ron Schott’s site aka Keeper of the Catacombs is a site you will want to check out.

Our favorite feature on Ron’s blog is “Where on (Google) Earth?”, where a Google Earth snapshot is provided and commenters are asked to identify where that particular location is (by giving approx. lat. and long. coordinates) and also to identify some distinguishing geological/topographical features. Ron’s “usual suspects” are well-versed in these areas but newbies are encouraged to try their hand. We’ll play the role of “observer” here for a while before we jump in with both feet.

So link on over when you get a chance, we think you will enjoy it.


We have a feeling Mongo just found a new toy.

3 comments:

K T Cat said...

I love Ron's page, but I don't go check it as often as I like. I'm glad you stopped by.

The blogosphere is such a great toy! Sometimes I find myself stuck in a rut of just cruising the same political sites over and over. When you get to one like Ron's, you realize how much else there is out there and how deep the other sites are.

Dean said...

KT, Concur. Ron's site was a very refreshing change of pace from the norm that I have been frequenting.

B-Daddy was going to talk to you about site meters. The ones I have used (including yours) don't seem to work. I'm looking for some help.

K T Cat said...

Drop me an email and we can chat. It's probably something pretty simple.