Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Too Little, Too Late?


For the first time that we have heard, a Republican candidate has heeded B-Dadddy’s advise to run against Congress and not against Hillary. Click here for Fred Thompson’s Iowa caucus “closing argument” video that we found at Instapundit. Its about 15 minutes long (the potential Democrat presidency/disastrous Democrat-controlled Congress nexus is made about 4 minutes in)… yeah, Fred’s a different cat, alright, but we admire anybody in these 30-second sound-byte times that will actually spend a little sit-down time with us to explain who he is and what his positions are.


Contrast that with a clip from a recent Hillary Clinton ad and the ensuing “analysis” by paid professionals generally making (sexist) asses of themselves on Hardball. Click here.

1 comment:

B-Daddy said...

Dean,
Sorry I'm late to view this one. Fred Thompson's speech was great. I couldn't agree with him more. I can understand why you and K.T. have endorsed him. But this video made me a little nervous. Something seems a little off. He's wringing his hands the whole time. He seems just a shade too dispassionate. And if I may digress into a Queer Eye moment, the suit is a little too dark for a blue shirt and the burgundy tie doesn't really match. I don't know if that was deliberate, but it doesn't portray the professionalism I look for in a potential President. But I love everything in the speech. My only other concern is his relative lack of executive experience. Is he probably the only viable "true conservative"? You bet. I hope he does well in New Hampshire and South Carolina, but I don't think he realistically has a chance, unless he can overcome his distaste for campaigning.