Thursday, June 2, 2011

Follower blog post of the day

Man, we've got to get better about keeping up with this feature.



"I would not want to belong to any club that would accept me as a member."

- Groucho Marx


Dawn over at Temple of Mut explaining why she went (I)ndie.

Actually registering to be a non-partisan voter was very liberating. I asked myself if this were a company I worked at and I saw the kinds of back room deals and blatant disregard for the workers voices to be heard would I stay. I said “probably not”. If this were a club I belonged to and I saw the intolerance for the other club members and even incidents of sabotage of those members would I stay a member of that club? Again,“No way”. So why do I stay a member of a political party that is in fact doing these things to its members? Well, I then had my answer, “I am not!”.


We're still registered (R)s but Dawn could probably tell us enough hair-raising stories to make us change our mind. Besides, here in California, it's becoming more and more a case of (Y) bother.

Check out the rest of the post, here.

No comments: