So what are you doing Saturday? You’re going shopping, that’s what. And you are going shopping at Whole Foods… the Whole Foods in La Jolla, California to be exact.
The San Diego Tea Party chapter is organizing a Buy-cott of Whole Foods as a show of support for John Mackey its CEO and his editorial in the Wall Street Journal that called for free market reforms of the healthcare system.
B-Daddy has been quite unrepentant in his bro-mance with Mackey which he covers here but the summary of Mackey’s pitch is as such:
1. "Remove the legal obstacles that slow the creation of high-deductible health insurance plans and health savings accounts."
2. "Equalize the tax laws so that employer-provided health insurance and individually owned health insurance have the same tax benefits."
3. Allow competition across state lines.
4. "Repeal government mandates regarding what insurance companies must cover."
5. "Enact tort reform."
6. "Make costs transparent."
7. "Enact medicare reform."
8. Revise tax law to make it easier to donate to those without insurance.
It’s like so full of common sense that of course it drove the urban limo libs to call for boycotts of Mackey’s stores.
Well, here’s a chance to stand up for a man who has been taking a much undeserved smacking around. Please join us and the rest of the unwashed but well-read as we converge on the LaJolla Whole Foods market at 11, Saturday, Oct. 10.
Oh, and there will be a blogging tutorial held concurrently at the WiFi-equipped café inside for you basement-dwelling, pajama-wearing fools or those who wish to become one.