Tuesday, February 22, 2011

SLOB Update

The SLOBs (San Diego Local Order of Bloggers) got together this past Sunday evening to convene our regular (quarterly-ish) beer summit this time at the Yard House in downtown San Diego.

Leslie of Temple of Mut took an open primary straw poll of the summit's attendees to see who was their front-runner for the Presidency in '12 and Indiana governor, Mitch Daniels, took 3 of the 12 votes cast for the win... this time around.

For more on the poll results and an outstanding round-up of what's happening on the ground in Wisconsin, check out Leslie's post here.



Also:

"My question is a basic science question," I started. "In science, Falsifiability is key to any theory. So, is Climate Change Falsifiable?" The young man asked for more detail to be sure that I was not just reading some script. "For example, if I had a theory that all cars are green and then observed a red car it would prove my theory false." The call screener proclaimed his approval of the question and I shortly layed the question out to the two global warming advocates.

Read more about Charles Caesar's totally excellent adventure on local KPBS, here.

No comments: