B-Daddy here, guest blogging. Dean and I are both Republicans, even if many Tea Party supporters are not. The Republican Party has been the recipient of Tea Party energy and votes, even if not always wanted by party leadership. I will admit that it even cost the Senate seat in Delaware. However, the Tea Party primary challenges put real fear into Republican leadership. The early pay off was the defeat of Omnibus and its earmarks. So in the spirit of helping the Republicans get re-elected by doing the work of the people, I propose the following New Year's Resolutions for the Republican Party members of Congress.
- We will focus on reducing spending as our number one priority. (With the temporary extension of Bush tax cuts, tax policy can temporarily take a back seat.)
- We will start the spending reduction by de-funding Obamacare.
- We will swear off earmarks.
- We will hold hearings on the failure to enforce the border.
- We will investigate Obama regulatory overreach.
- We will not introduce a flag burning amendment, school prayer bill, or a challenge to DADT, etc.
I leave it to the Temple to collaborate with Dawn for resolutions for the Democratic party. Maybe W.C. or Shane could take a stab at Libertarian party resolutions.
Cross posted at The Liberator Today.