Friday, January 7, 2011

Some things just don't require a calorie count

.
.






Alternate headline: "You don't want to know the calorie count"


One fat baked potato loaded, a twelve-ounce ribeye grilled medium, a Stone IPA and a Ketel One martini slightly dirty (not pictured).

Golly. If this was a staple of our diet (which can be had at the Riviera Club) then perhaps we may want to know the calorie content of this feast. It is not, however, so just sit back, relax and enjoy your dinner.

Then again, if this was a regular feature of your diet, you probably are not worried about the calorie content of that fare anyway.



P.S. If anyone is into water colors or oils, you are more than welcome to this picture for your own still life. The content, the lighting, the mood (sigh).... it was one of our finer photographic achievements and we want to share it in friendship and good will.

4 comments:

steve said...

Have you tried the Sierra Nevada Torpedo beer? A friend from out west liked it, but I cannot find it locally.

I f you want real calories, my brother sent me pictures from the Ind. State fair of deep fried butter on a stick. Also, Google Luther burger.

Steve

Dean said...

Steve, Torpedo is solid.

I do know that Racer 5 from Bear Repuplic is available on the East Coast. It is an outstanding West Coast IPA that I think you will enjoy.

Please keep me posted. I love talking (and drinking) great beer.

steve said...

At some time, post your thoughts on bottled vs canned beer. I think that I may have developed bottle snobbery, but ever since a friend gave me a six pack of Dale's I have been rethinking cans.

Steve

Dean said...

I'll do that sometime.

It seems counter-intuitive but there are some beers that just taste better coming out of the can.

I will admit, it took me a while to get used a pale ale coming out of a can as is the case with Dale's.

There is a brewery in Hawai'i whose name escapes me that does nothing but canned beer.