Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Quote and video of the day...

... and where Mrs. O'Malley's cow might just get off the hook.




"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
- Ronald Reagan



By this time next week she will have been blamed for the Johnstown flood as well as the Chicago fire so we think it's only right that she get a fair and proper hearing.


Ms. Palin, the floor is yours:


Sarah Palin: "America's Enduring Strength" from Sarah Palin on Vimeo.

10 comments:

Harrison said...

I read an article today on ABC News that said Palin had managed to insert herself into this debate with her speech! The nerve of these journolists! THEY put her there.

Road Dawg said...

Dershowitz Gives Palin the Go-Ahead on "Blood Libel"


"The term “blood libel” has taken on a broad metaphorical meaning in public discourse. Although its historical origins were in theologically based false accusations against the Jews and the Jewish People,its current usage is far broader. I myself have used it to describe false accusations against the State of Israel by the Goldstone Report. "

Now personally, I had not known the expression and I wish Palin hadn't used it, because it detracted from her usual folksy charm. I merely took from it the context in which it was said. But it didn't take long for another anti-Palin bandwagon to get jumped.

B@manMadeira said...

That Reagan quote hits the nail on the head. I am glad she used it, and glad you echoed it on the blogosphere.

Dean said...

Thanks, B@man.

K T Cat said...

Your right wing hate speech sickens me. I'll be blaming you and Sara Palin for the next attack no matter how, when or why it occurs.

Mutnodjmet said...

It is as I always say: What someone says about Sarah Palin tells me more about them than it does about her.

K T Cat said...

That's a great synopsis, Mutnodjmet.

Anonymous said...

i can't believe palin is criticized for utilizing a metaphor that has parallels to her (and the tea party's) situation by the same people that placed blame on her for another situation with no connection.

no, wait, yes i can.

Mutnodjmet said...

K T Cat: Thanks! :) BTW, I love your blog. I really need to link to it more.

SEO Manchester said...

I am interested very much in the subject matter of your blog. Keep up the good works.