Friday, September 24, 2010

ObamaCare: through the months

ObamaCare turned 6 months old this week and to commemorate this occasion, let's go back to the very first public utterance by President Obama in defense of ObamaCare:

“Here’s the bottom line. Number one is that we are the only — we have been, up until last week, the only advanced country that allows 15 million of its citizens to not have any health insurance.”


Simply wreaking of authoritarian paternalism, no? And how totally self-absorbed.


Translation:
Let me be clear, it's simply beyond the pale for a civilized nation as ours to assume there are basic reasons why millions and millions of people may choose to go without health care insurance. To hell with any rationally-based choices you may feel you have a right to, we simply cannot allow that.

Do you have any idea how embarrassing it is for me to attend international confabs and know that Norway, Belgium and Great Britain are snickering behind my back. At least, now, I can hold my my head high overseas knowing I have saddled this country with yet another unsustainable entitlement program just like the rest of gang and justly receive their back pats and nodding approval.


Happy six months-old, ObamaCare!

2 comments:

SarahB said...

Where did you learn to speak Obamish?

Dean said...

TOTUS.