The Associated Press came out with their pre-season Top 25 college football poll yesterday. Here's how it shakes down:
1. Alabama (defending BCS champs)
2. Ohio State (QB Tyrell Pryor's break-out season?)
3. Boise St. (Much love for the little guys)
4. Florida (Let's see how the Florida program fares post-Tebow)
9. Iowa (after a mild slump 2-3 years ago, Coach Ferentz has got the Hawkeyes rolling again)
10. Virginia Tech (always seem a little overrated in our mind)
11. Oregon (before former QB Jeremiah Masoli transferred to Ole Miss, the Ducks were considered a top 5 team)
14. USC (lowest pre-season ranking in years. Last time they were ranked outside of the top 10 was 2002, now-departed Pete Carroll's second season)
16. Georgia Tech
18. North Carolina
19. Penn State
20. Florida State
23. Georgia (college football guru Phil Steele has the 'Dawgs as his sleeper for the BCS title)
24. Oregon State
25. West Virginia
Big 10: 4
Pac 10: 3
Big 12: 3
Big East: 2
Mountain West: 1 Mild surprise here, in that both BYU and Utan have built top-25 caliber programs in the last 4-5 years.
Saturday, August 21, 2010
The long national nightmare is almost over
Posted by Dean at 8/21/2010 02:41:00 PM
Labels: college football, football
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Yes, the nightmare is over, Brett Favre is playing tonight.
Favre-watch is over.....for now.
LSU at 21? Outrageous!
Post a Comment